none
How do I connect to Internet in Windows Vista VM Hyper-V? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have an old Windows Vista Home Premium disk I found from a PC that stopped working and was sold a few years ago. I'm on my PC with Windows 10 and would like to install the disk on Hyper-V. My problem is, after installing I get to the desktop and everything's fine, but I can't connect to the internet. It gives an error that it can't find any Network Hardware. I've checked Device Manager and it shows no Network Adapters. I went on Dell's webpage and downloaded drivers for the old PC for Windows Vista network adapters. Now, I can't get the driver over to the Vista VM. I tried using a USB Drive but it doesn't show up in the VM. Enhanced Mode shows grey on my Hyper-V Vista VM so I can't use it to connect to the USB Drive on the Host. The other VM's show Enhanced Mode working fine. Can anyone tell me how to get the drivers over to my Vista VM? Or any way of getting my hardware to show up on Vista? Or any way to connect Vista to the Internet? Please reply. Thanks
    Friday, May 5, 2017 4:39 AM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Friday, May 5, 2017 4:02 PM
  • Hi, I've got some updates. I found the Drivers DVD that came with the Vista DVD Computer. I installed Network drivers but still have a problem connecting. I'm attaching a screenshot. Please take a look and reply with help on how to connect my Vista VM to the Internet.
    Friday, May 5, 2017 11:59 PM
  • I'm on Wifi (Host) but the 802.11n driver on the Windows Vista drivers disk doesn't work on the VM. "No compatible hardware found. This software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed." It doesn't find any network Hardware. The Realtek drivers install fine, but I get the little yellow error in Device Manager. Do I need wireless drivers for my VM? Please reply. Thanks!
    Saturday, May 6, 2017 12:17 AM
  • Hi, I'm back. I figured out I can Burn Data CD's and get the drivers to my Vista VM. I tried wireless Drivers but no wireless hardware shows up in Device Manager. It shows an error with the Ethernet drivers but I can't find the right drivers to work. Can anyone help?  
    Saturday, May 6, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Hello, I installed Vista on VMware and it automatically connected to the Internet. I still want it on Hyper-V and will delete it from VMware. I'm attaching a screenshot. Please look over it and help me find the right driver for my Hyper-V VM. Thanks

Saturday, May 6, 2017 9:44 PM
  • Here's a better picture.
    Saturday, May 6, 2017 9:47 PM