none
MicrosoftQ&A(Preview) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've just been trying to post a question on the new Microsoft Q&A (Preview) forum. I had to post it there as I got directed there when trying to use the 'normal' Universal Windows Development forum. However, to post my question I was required to add a tag to it but the website refused to accept any tag entered and so prevented me from posting my question. This can't be right can it?

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

By the way, I was using Edge to access the website, it wouldn't even let me sign in using IE11.

RobDev

Saturday, December 7, 2019 3:41 PM

Answers

• After much back and forth it is once again sort of working but for now the complete tag must be typed before acceptance. I think autofill will eventually be fixed but at least now you can successfully post.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 9, 2019 12:44 AM

All replies

• Yes, QnA is tag based and you must select from (autofill) predefined tags listed here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics.html?sort=name

The tags right now are limited to the products currently supported (listed in right pane) More will be added as additional products are added to QnA. You can also suggest new tags here as feedback.

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/content/idea/list.html

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, December 7, 2019 3:50 PM
  • However, to post my question I was required to add a tag to it but the website refused to accept any tag entered and so prevented me from posting my question. This can't be right can it?

That looks like some serious bug. I tried and couldn't add any tag in the question. Ideally when you type a letter, the tags are populated. I have posted a few questions before.

I tried to post a question/feedback for this problem but again couldn't add a tag "QnA" in it  :(

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Sunday, December 8, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Yes, it is broken. Reported problem, we'll see what happens.

Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:26 PM
  • Hi Dave,

many thanks for your reply. I hope they fix this problem soon as I was trying to report an anomaly/problem with UWP Splash Screens which will now have to wait. Is there any way we can be notified when these sort of bugs are fixed?

Kind regards,

RobDev

Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:46 PM
  • Hi Vaibhav,

many thanks for your reply. It's good to know that someone else has found the bug as well.

Kind regards,

RobDev

Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:47 PM
  • Sure, I'll post here if/when I get an update.

Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:51 PM
  • Hi Dave,

thanks very much, I'll look forward to getting it.

Kind regards,

RobDev

Sunday, December 8, 2019 2:16 PM
  • After much back and forth it is once again sort of working but for now the complete tag must be typed before acceptance. I think autofill will eventually be fixed but at least now you can successfully post.

Monday, December 9, 2019 12:44 AM
  • Hi Dave,

many thanks for that. I have now managed to post my question (Hooray!), although it not at all clear (to me anyway) as to how you mark the post to notify you when someone replies (unlike this forum - which is obvious). Thanks, once again.

Kind regards,

RobDev

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:33 PM
  • You can; Profile\Settings for QnA email and notification settings.

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:39 PM
  • Many thanks for that, Dave.

Kind regards,

RobDev

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:45 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:47 PM