DM Dynamic Workflow is doesn't work. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deployed EPM 2010 with SP1 and the latest CU (28 Jun) and deployed the last DM Dynamic Workflow from the Solution Starter 

I deployed the solution with sucess and I configured everything with success...the problem is in the approval settings...that I selected to an approver and he receives the task in order to approve it...

This user can approve this workflow and the status appears always as: Approved...but, in the Stage...I can see that it has not finished...:-) any idea about this problem?

The other features from this utility DM Dynamic...works OK (in case I do not use the "approval settings" only force submit on stage" it works...because it changes the stage...but when I use the approval settings,...the user can approval this but in the stage setting notthing happens....

I have no errors neither ULS errors in the EVT or LOG folders...

Any idea??

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

• At this stage I recommend you either get a developer to update the code sample or leverage tools like Nintex to create a working wf in your language. We have heard your feedback for future version!
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:14 AM
  • Hi Pedro,

I don´t know if you already solved this issue, but I was facing the same problem some weeks ago, and I guess I can help you.

On the VS Solution of DM Dynamic Workflow, you can find the a folder is also called Dynamic Workflow.

If you see the Properties of that folder, you can see the Task List and History List. They are predefined to english version "Project Server Workflow History" and "Project Server Workflow Tasks".

You can change that to the Spanish version with no problem. I did it.

Hope that helps!

Miguel Soler
    • Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Any idea about this issue???

Someone has tested it and it has worked?

It is very strange..because in the log folder there are not information and the workflow status is approved...but in the workflow details of the plan still is still pending of approval...

Thank you in advance for your time!!!

REgards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Try to re-create the WF and see if it works
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:56 AM

• Bonjour Christophe!
    Thank you for your response regarding this issue.

I RE-Create the WF with a different name, later I modified the EPT to change the WF and the behavior is the same..

The task is accepted for the user but in the page the status is still pending.

Yesterday, I took a look to this reference:

As I can see, it could be a problem related with the location (I work with a Spanish version)
    http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=3701

Did

It is a shame that the reason/cauase of the problem was his location,...since it is a tool that might be very used

for Spanish customers.

Regards and have a great day!

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Christophe,

Did you try this utility with a French version?

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:39 AM
  • Tested...

In English version: OK

In Spanish version: FAILED...(AND OTHER LANGUAGES FAILED)

This solution is not tested and useful in different languages:

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=3701

Any workaround will be very well received!!!!!

This utility is very usefull providing it in more languages.

Unfortunately, not all our customers have installed EPM in English...

Thank you in advance!!!!

Have a great day.

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Correct I've only tested this with an English version. Let me see if we can provide guidance on the changes required to the solution so it works in different languages.
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:31 PM
  • Thank you Christophe! :-)

Any innovation will be very well welcome.

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Friday, September 2, 2011 7:23 AM
  • At this stage I recommend you either get a developer to update the code sample or leverage tools like Nintex to create a working wf in your language. We have heard your feedback for future version!
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:14 AM
  • Hi Christophe and everyone,

As you know and your are aware of this... this is a localization (language) issue, but I have found a workaround:

- I have used the TFS virtual machine (all products are installed in English)

- I installed the Solution Starter package

I create a WF sample with a couple of stages and pdp's..and everything works OK (with an user approval)

- I installed Spanish (Server Language Pack)

- I changed the language to be used in Spanish

- I create a new Project Plan (using the same EPT) and now it works...:-)

For this issue (I will try tomorrow do it at the customer office... and I will explain you my results) if we install the product always in English version and later we install the MUI, it would be a good solution...

Once again, I consider suitably to install the solution in English to avoid  locations problems.

Thank you guys!

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:06 AM
  • Hi Pedrof,

as you found out already, the issue can be resolved by installing a native en-US instance of PWA and activating your local language pack afterwards. That is actually a really common thing to do, since it avoids issues with natively localised version which have far less test users than en-US.

I haven't crawled through the source code in detail, but from what I understand, the workflow is hard-coded to look for approval tasks which are either "Approved" or "Rejected", which does not happen in localised languages. If you can locate the constructors for those scripts in the source code, you might be able to replace those keywords with the localised versions in your installation.

Please let me know if this was of any help.

Kind regards,
    Adrian
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 11:49 PM
  • Hi Adrian,

Sorry for this delay answering you...

I doesn't work installing the MUI package...I tried it before to ask this question in this alias.

I solved it modifying the code... (this is not easy...) also, I have the same problem with the other solutions from the solution starter :-(

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Hi Pedro,

I don´t know if you already solved this issue, but I was facing the same problem some weeks ago, and I guess I can help you.

On the VS Solution of DM Dynamic Workflow, you can find the a folder is also called Dynamic Workflow.

If you see the Properties of that folder, you can see the Task List and History List. They are predefined to english version "Project Server Workflow History" and "Project Server Workflow Tasks".

You can change that to the Spanish version with no problem. I did it.

Hope that helps!

Miguel Soler
    • Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:46 PM
  • Yes, I solve it with success changing the code of this solution.

Thank you in advance for your response!

Best regards and have a nice day.

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:38 PM
  • Hi Miguelet,

Please I have the same problem of Pedro with my DM Workflow. But the mine (DM) is in French.

I tried to find the folder that you talking about but I didn't Find It. Its name is "a"? I don't understand..

Please can you describe exactly with a small guide with steps what I have to do?

Thank you very Much.

I hope you will see my post reply

Regards

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:52 PM