IVR and HUNT group question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have this below requirement;

when someone calls, it should say press one to reach corporate directory (system auto attendant). We can create Interactive hunt group to accomplish it. Also we should create the group and queue for system auto attendant.

But after hours, if someone calls then it should forward the call to external number. How can we do this? Do i need to create another group and queue in response group for this or i see there is an option to forward the call to number in interactive hunt group.

Anyone suggest, how best i can do this?

Thx,

Funnyghost

Saturday, April 18, 2015 6:16 PM

Answers

• You can do it in the IVR as suggested, or have the automated attendant forward to an extension which is a Lync account with forwarding set. Do you want the call to go directly to the outside number or do you want the caller to hit 1 first?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:27 PM
  • Hi,

For Lync IVR response group, you can configure the call outside of business hours with the following ways:

1. To disconnect the call
    2. To forward the call to voice mail
    3. To forward the call to another user
    4. To forward the call to another telephone number

More details:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205213.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 20, 2015 8:21 AM
  • try this:

To forward the call to another telephone number, click Forward to telephone number, and then type the telephone number. The format for the telephone number is <number>@<domainname> (for example, +14255550121@contoso.com). The domain name is used to route the caller to the correct destination.

Monday, June 29, 2015 6:04 PM

All replies

• You can do it in the IVR as suggested, or have the automated attendant forward to an extension which is a Lync account with forwarding set. Do you want the call to go directly to the outside number or do you want the caller to hit 1 first?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:27 PM
  • I want the call directly to the outside/external number, if someone call after hours. If someone calls during business hours then using the UM integration for system auto attendant, I'll route it to Corporate directory to reach specific employee.

But only thing, I would like to know...is there possibilities to send the call directly to external number. Is there option in Lync environment?

Thx

Funnyghost

Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:31 AM
  • Hi,

For Lync IVR response group, you can configure the call outside of business hours with the following ways:

1. To disconnect the call
    2. To forward the call to voice mail
    3. To forward the call to another user
    4. To forward the call to another telephone number

More details:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205213.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 20, 2015 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

I have created the RGS. When I call the main number, it routes to System Auto attendant. But after business hour, I need to set to route the call to my mobile number (basically external number). How to achieve it?

Thanks

Funnyghost

Sunday, April 26, 2015 1:50 PM
  • try this:

To forward the call to another telephone number, click Forward to telephone number, and then type the telephone number. The format for the telephone number is <number>@<domainname> (for example, +14255550121@contoso.com). The domain name is used to route the caller to the correct destination.

Monday, June 29, 2015 6:04 PM