scom 2012 override all management packs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is there a way to override all management packs in SCOM 2012 for a server? So I'm left with a server with no monitoring and I can then customise monitoring for a specific server.

Friday, October 25, 2013 11:39 AM

Answers

• SCOM does not have scope of disabling all the rules or monitors in one go.

You have to do this manually one by one.

To ease your process I would suggest to open the Management Pack in Mp Viewer and see all the rules and monitors which needs to be disabled. 

Keep a tab of it.

And while importing MP do not import the discovery module. Once your alert disabling customization are completed you can import the discovery part of the MP. So that bulk alerts are not generated in scom for you.

Thanks.

Priyabrata

• Proposed as answer by PriyabrataSethi Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, November 4, 2013 2:54 AM
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hi 

if you looking to stop total monitoring on a server , you can place the server in maintenance mode . keeping server in maintenance mode will stop alerts from the server. 

Regards

sridhar v

Friday, October 25, 2013 12:36 PM
  • I was hoping to do this without putting the server into maintenance mode. I want to override everything on a permanent basis and be able to work with a blank canvas.
    Friday, October 25, 2013 1:46 PM
  • You will need to remove it from being discovered from each management pack. Authoring / Management Pack Objects / Object Discoveries

So for example, if this was a Domain controller you'd find 'Discover Windows Domain Controllers' and override it to exclude the server.

Monitoring Information Center | Infinity On-Line | support@mobieus.com

Friday, October 25, 2013 7:44 PM
  • Thanks for the information. I was thinking of overriding the server from all management packs as you suggest. However we have lots of management packs. I assume I would have to do this for all management packs individually and there isn't a bulk method of overriding it from all my management packs?
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:48 AM
  • Yes unfortunately.

Monitoring Information Center | Infinity On-Line | support@mobieus.com

Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:54 PM
  • SCOM does not have scope of disabling all the rules or monitors in one go.

You have to do this manually one by one.

To ease your process I would suggest to open the Management Pack in Mp Viewer and see all the rules and monitors which needs to be disabled. 

Keep a tab of it.

And while importing MP do not import the discovery module. Once your alert disabling customization are completed you can import the discovery part of the MP. So that bulk alerts are not generated in scom for you.

Thanks.

Priyabrata

• Proposed as answer by PriyabrataSethi Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, November 4, 2013 2:54 AM
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:07 PM