[App-V 4.6] ActiveX control won't load RRS feed

• Question

• I've got the following situation which gives me a headache.

I have Autodesk Design Review 2013 virtualized with App-V 4.6, but the ActiveX add-on for Internet explorer won't load.

The only shortcut I have points to:

C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe -noframemerging "http://path to visualization file"

But the add-on to display the cad visualization file won't load.

But, and here comes the strange thing.

When I open the App-V (sfttray /exe cmd "App-V name") and I copy & paste the contents of the shortcut it does work.

I see this in Internet Explorer 9 & 11

I can't explain this...

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:39 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your repliesYes, I've done this. I sequenced several hundreds App-V's including ActiveX and IE Add-ons. With success. So this one bothers me ;-)

But I solved is now by installing the MSI's. In this case this is even a better solotion imo because of the integration with IE. No seperate shurtcuts for the user to launch IE with the Add-on.

But I will give it another shot with App-V ;-) I want to figure this one out.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 11:14 AM

All replies

• Have you created the IE shortcut that will load inside the virtual bubble of Autodesk Design Review 2013 during Application Configuration step in Sequencing Wizard?

Internet Explorer has to be opened within the virtualized environment to be able to use virtualized resources.

Normally Local-IE is not launched within the virtualized environment, so that it will not see any virtualized resources.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 4:30 AM
  • Yes, I've opened IE during sequencing. And during sequencing everythin works.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:54 AM
  • During sequencing, in the configure part where you can edit shortcuts and FTA's have you created a separate shortcut for IE? If not, you need to create one.

Reason, I have explained above.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:26 AM
  • For more info- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931986

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:28 AM
  • Thanks for your repliesYes, I've done this. I sequenced several hundreds App-V's including ActiveX and IE Add-ons. With success. So this one bothers me ;-)

But I solved is now by installing the MSI's. In this case this is even a better solotion imo because of the integration with IE. No seperate shurtcuts for the user to launch IE with the Add-on.

But I will give it another shot with App-V ;-) I want to figure this one out.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 11:14 AM
  • You can try sequencing with App-V 5.0 SP3 once. It supports this case. You need to just publish the virtual package globally. No need to create separate IE shortcuts.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 11:56 AM
  • Would be aan good test indeed.

But the App-V 5 client isn't deployed yet on our clients, soon it will.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:24 PM