Can someone give me the detailed description about Internet Explorer- 10 and 11 Editions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there any editions like Hybrid ?

I wanted to know what are the different unique official IE editions are there.

As far as I'm concerned there are 32-bit & 64-bit.

Because when we run IE at a time 2 different processes displaying under Task Manager.

On some Windows-10/7 machines it's showing: iexplore.exe

On some other machines it's showing both: iexplore.exe and iexplore.exe *32

Purpose:

I do Compatibility Testing of Windows-10/Office Professional Plus 2016/Office Professional Plus 2013/ IE-10/11 with my Company Software. Where we have to validate the basically the Excel Add-ins related pages and data across these Add-in pages. These Excel files has to support both Web application as well as Desktop application.

For Office 2013 everything looks fine. But for Office 2016 there are several UI controls/Text rendering issues.

So I have a big question here.

Does IE-10/11 (32/64) fully supported to Windows-10/Office Professional Plus 2016/Office Professional Plus 2013 ?

If yes, Which IE edition would be best one for above combinations ?

I would request to provide a set of Combination Matrix to get more information on Compatibility checklist.

Thank you,

Have a great day !

Thursday, December 8, 2016 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Based on your description, you are testing on Windows 10 machine, right?
    Please notice that IE 11 is built-in with Windows 10, it cannot be downgraded to IE 10. Usually, we recommend that you upgrade to IE11 if you're running any earlier versions of Internet Explorer.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Hi Rita,

Please see Compatibility Changes in IE by Version

If you are trying to use legacy Intranet websites in IE11 please also see

Stay up-to-date with Enterprise Mode for IE11 - EMSL's enable legacy Intranet sites to be used with IE11 without any coding changes by using legacy emulation modes. Ideal if you have legacy Intranet sites that were developed for XP/IE5-8, but don't have the resources or access to change the source code.

see also Understanding and Working in Protected Mode Internet Explorer to understand tab bit-ness. By default 32 bit extensions and ActiveX are allowed to run in the Intranet zone.

Questions about Enterprise Mode deployment using GPO can be posted to this forum.

Questions about html, css and scripting for website development should be posted to

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment (see the sticky note at the top of that forum)

If possible, include with your questions a link to your website, or a mashup on jsfiddle.net that shows the issue.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Saturday, December 10, 2016 5:14 AM