Windows 7 Repair Loop if startup options are checked RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys I got an odd one hopefully someone has heard of.

I have an HP DV6 Laptop with an AMD A-8 and 6G of Ram and 650 HDD.  When booting the computer up it would constantly go into a startup repair.  Eventually it would let me in and it did it about 96% of the times I rebooted.

I have already reformatted the PC once and ran a chkdsk and everything is fine.  I also ran memtest and results were fine.  Well after I got back into windows I checked the msconfig and disabled everything and booted it about 7-8 times with no issues so I thought I was in the clear.  Well I installed eDrawings to view CAD files and when it rebooted after install it continues to go through the loop only this time it prompts for the repair, has a loading bar going across, then blank screen and never comes on.

I tried booting it into safe mode but after the safe mode text scrolls it says please wait.  Has been close to an hour stuck like that now.  I am guessing my OS is hardcore corrupt, only thing I can think of.  Considering I did this after a restore do you think it could be something else?

Monday, April 13, 2015 4:41 PM

All replies

• Have you run the HP built in diagnostics?
    Monday, April 13, 2015 6:36 PM
  • Hello individual101,

Do you mean that the Windows 7 Startup Repair not work?

Please try to use the system restore in WinRE.
    For more information, please refer to the following article.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If you can’t boot from the safe mode, please contact the manufacturer to check the hardware.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:02 AM
  • Individual101 said that the machine has already been reformatted. Not sure how a restore point would work.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:17 PM