After Windows Live Essentials Install, None of my EMAIL clients can SEND or RECEIVE mail on VISTA BUSINESS RRS feed

• Question

•  

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'Fw: Medical Test'
    Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 465
    Secure(SSL): Yes

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.att.yahoo.com account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 995
    Secure(SSL): Yes

It even whacked out Windows Mail

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

And Thunderbird says that it cannot connect to the server

What is common to all email clients to pop3 SEND AND RECEIVE?

WINDOWS MAIL AND THUNDERBIRD STILL WORK ON MY VISTA LAPTOP. I have NOT installed WINDOWS LIVE on that machine and it looks like I better not.

Any ideas out there?

Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

Based on the situation, it could be caused by the following factors:

1.Conflict with your firewall software.
    2.Your account settings are corrupt.

First of all, system restore can be under consideration.

If it does not work, disable your firewall software\antivirus software to test.

In case your user account is corrupt, please create a new account to continue troubleshooting.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by John H 2 Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:22 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

Based on the situation, it could be caused by the following factors:

1.Conflict with your firewall software.
    2.Your account settings are corrupt.

First of all, system restore can be under consideration.

If it does not work, disable your firewall software\antivirus software to test.

In case your user account is corrupt, please create a new account to continue troubleshooting.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by John H 2 Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:22 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:45 AM
  • Thank You Magon!

It was driving me crazy because all the settings looked correct. I guess they were not correct internally.

I removed the account and set up another one with the same settings and I now have email again!

Thank You So Very Much!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:22 AM
  • You are welcome!
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 5:09 AM