none
Change a default enterprise project to a different project template... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

A project has been created by accident in the default enterprise project but needs to changed to another template.  However because it has not workflow I can't change it in workflow options and 'Change project type'.

Is it possible to change?

Many thanks 

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Monday, April 29, 2019 2:32 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi James,

Note that you can change the project type from the project center for a single project and in bulk from "change workflow" even if you don't have any workflow on the project. 

See procedure: https://psbehindthescene.blogspot.com/2015/05/how-to-bulk-change-projects-ept.html

Note that changing the project type (EPT) will not change the template/WBS for existing projects, only for newly created projects. You'll have to do it manually on existing projects or recreate them.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:32 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Note that you can change the project type from the project center for a single project and in bulk from "change workflow" even if you don't have any workflow on the project. 

See procedure: https://psbehindthescene.blogspot.com/2015/05/how-to-bulk-change-projects-ept.html

Note that changing the project type (EPT) will not change the template/WBS for existing projects, only for newly created projects. You'll have to do it manually on existing projects or recreate them.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:32 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 3:48 PM
  • Hi Guillaume

Thanks for this.  I can't believe I missed seeing the button...d'oh

Cheers

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:33 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:33 AM