Aure RMS and One drive Compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

i read on the technet page that Azure RMS was not compatible with onedrive for business, 

any more details about that, (i suspect it's opening the document in Word online that does not work) but do we know what exactly is not supported and if there are plans for it ?

and another question since i'm here :)

we need to sync users to Azure AD even if they already are synchronised  office 365  ?

thanks all !

Hitch Bardawil

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What I *think* your question may be about is that if you enable RMS for your SharePoint Online you wil not be able to synchronize your library files to local drive using onedrive for business 

Answering your second question - no. Azure AD is a common identity store for all O365 services (Exchange Online, SharePoint online) meaning that if you synchronize your users with Dir/AAD-Sync tool, what is happening under the hood, is that users are synchronized to Azure AD and O365 is using those identities. The same happens for any other SaaS of Microsoft (Azure RMS, Intune, etc)

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Friday, November 14, 2014 10:43 PM