none
Migrate Mailbox from Exchange 2010 to 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I am migrating a Exchange 2003 Standart to Exchange 2010 Standart, but I had some problems with a Exchange 2010 server and I would like to return some accounts or mailbox to exchange 2003.

My problem in Exchange 2010 virtual server  was that the server lost the network connection and just return when I uninstall the vmware tools and reinstall. I never pass this problem, I do not know if have some thing more to see in this virtual server.

Some help in this problem?

Are there some procedure to do a migrate from 2010 to 2003?

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:38 AM

Answers

• Glad its solved, have you checked for updates on the VMware Tools?

With regards to moving the mailbox back you can look here:

https://justaucguy.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/moving-mailboxes-from-exchange-2010-to-exchange-200/

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:37 AM
  • Hi

Can you provide more information please? 

Lets start with step 1. You lost network connectivity on the VM. Have you got connectivity back?

Second part, you want to move mailboxes back? Can you explain a bit more please? I think once you solve your network issues all should be fine.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:44 AM

All replies

• Hi

Can you provide more information please? 

Lets start with step 1. You lost network connectivity on the VM. Have you got connectivity back?

Second part, you want to move mailboxes back? Can you explain a bit more please? I think once you solve your network issues all should be fine.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:44 AM
  • Ok Ed,

Step 1: I solved the problem when I reinstall the Vmware tools. The Exchange 2010 is working fine now, but I do not known how long time.

Step 2: I want to move mailbox from exchange 2010 to exchange 2003, if is possible.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:35 AM
  • Glad its solved, have you checked for updates on the VMware Tools?

With regards to moving the mailbox back you can look here:

https://justaucguy.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/moving-mailboxes-from-exchange-2010-to-exchange-200/

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:37 AM
  • No I did not checked yet, because where I work the manager think that is bad update somethings. 

Last Question: in this webpage the user that I will move to 2003, Will he lost some e-mails?

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:23 PM
  • No, mails should not be lost.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:40 PM
  • How can I find the ID off the databases? Exchange 2003 and 2010.

new-moverequest -identity rgabuzd -targetdatabase 4717536c-893c-457a-85af-37f19fc9b823

Thursday, March 12, 2015 1:24 PM