Email Notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,<o:p></o:p>

I have SCOM environment and sending all alerts to operation team to take action,
    recently I received a new requirement to monitor a new domain, so I have built
    a gateway and start monitoring the new domain and send alert to operation team
    as well. T
    he new requirement is to send the alerts only for the new domain with different sender
    email address to operation team as well. what is the best solution to achieve
    this.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Thanks<o:p></o:p>

Yousef

Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Yousef,

you can create a separate notification channel, where you specify the new return mail address for your new domain. Afterwards you can configure the subscription according to your requirements and add the team as a subscriber to it.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:21 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:35 PM
  • 1) Create new email notification channel with different sender
    2) create two groups, groupA and Group B. gorup A contains all domain A instance  and Group B contains all doamin B instance
    3) modify original subscription by adding criteria " raised by any instance in a specific group" with Group A
    4) add a new subscription with criteria " raised by any instance in a specific group" with Group B
    Roger
    • Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:19 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2016 6:58 AM
  • Hello Yousef,

In order to achieve your requirement you need to create an additional Notification Channel with suitable name for your new Domain.

Segregate your both new and old domains by creating two groups and adding respective computers in it.

1. Old Domain Group (Containing Old domain Servers)

2. New Domain Group (Containing New Domain Servers).

After that you can apply the condition for sending the alert emails to both the domains from different Notification Channel.

Notification subscription for New Group servers. Use New Notification Channel with this Subscription.

Notification subscription for Old Domain. Use your old /existing Notification Channel with this Subscription.

That's it.. please let me now if still need any clarification.

Please mark this reply as Answer if it helps.

Regards,

Shashi

• Edited by Shashi.Bhushan Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:20 AM
    Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:10 PM
  • Thank you Shashi for you help, the way you provided is what I am using now. but the issue here is the group is too huge and keep corrupted.

anyway I have managed the issue by adding the site name  parameter to the gateway server and select site when configure the subscription criteria.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/momteam/2009/03/05/using-sitename-when-deploying-gateways-to-help-manage-alerts/

Thanks

Yousef

• Marked as answer by Yousef Bableh Monday, October 3, 2016 12:40 PM
    Monday, October 3, 2016 12:40 PM