none
Problems accessing web sites with IE 11 (windows 7) with Microsoft KB2661254 download RRS feed

• Question

• I have used Windows and IE since the early days but lately I have been blocked accessing different components of web sites that I have been using for years.  At Chase I am unable to access to PDFs of prior months statements or at LL Bean I am blocked from being able to process an order.   In both cases, a window opens up but I am blocked from viewing the information.   Although a SSL notice is posted citing the certificate is valid, the screen is blank.   Bottom line, I tried a suggested blog workaround and used Google Chrome.   Both sites worked fine.   

So as I understand it, either two major internet business sites do not support IE with KB2661254 or there must be some work around that Microsoft has in place.   Please let me know the latter or I will convert to Google Chrome  Thanking you in advance

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi CosCob,

Do you mean only the specific two websites can not be accessed after we installed the KB 2661254 according to your description ? Have you got ant error messages ?

If it is exactly caused by the certificate according to the description of the KB 2661254 ,we can refer to the link to check the related certificates .

Please also take the following steps to have a check :

1.Clear the temporarily files cache to have a check .
    Tools\Safety\Delete Browsing History
    2.To verify whether it is caused by add-ons ,we can open the Internet Explorer 11 without add-ons to have a check .
    To open the Internet Explorer 11 without add-ons :run “iexplore.exe -extoff”.
    If it is caused by the add-ons ,we can enable the add-ons one by one to navigate the culprit.
    3.If the issue persists ,reset the Internet Explorer 11 to have a check if it is possible.Please note reset the Interent Explorer you will get the original settings .

Best regards

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:08 AM