Skype for Business auto attendant greeting in PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to change the greeting (or menu prompt) of an auto attendant via PowerShell. I'm just trying to change the text that the auto attendant reads. I've seen the documentation that explains how to create an instance of the auto attendant, make some changes, and then use "Set-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant" to affect the changes. The description of "Set-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant" literally states that you can, "...modify the properties of an auto attendant. For example, you can change the phone number, the operator, the greeting, or the menu prompts." I can't seem to make this happen. Can anyone explain what syntax I would use to make this happen? Thanks.

• Moved by jrv Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:31 AM Better forum
    Monday, September 24, 2018 8:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your question.

"New-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendantPrompt" cmdlet can help you.

This example creates a new prompt that reads the supplied text.

$ttsPrompt = New-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendantPrompt -TextToSpeechPrompt "Welcome to Contoso!"

Try to refer the link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/new-csorganizationalautoattendantprompt?view=skype-ps

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

• Proposed as answer by I.T Delinquent Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Hi Lee,

Thanks for your response. I've used that cmdlet per the documentation to create a new text to speech prompt. I was unclear about the core of my issue. I cannot seem to make the new prompt active for my current auto attendant. There is nothing about that cmdlet that directly associates it with a specific auto attendant. It appears to me that you have to create an instance of the AA you want to modify, add the new prompt to a call flow, and then use the Set-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant to activate your changes. When I do this I get an error that tells me "Organizational auto attendant cannot contain multiple call flows with the same ID or name (case-insensitive)." I'm trying to modify the default call flow.

PS C:\Users\User> $oaa = Get-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant -PrimaryUri "sip:oaa_xxxx@xxxx.com"
    PS C:\Users\User> $menuPrompt = New-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendantPrompt -TextToSpeechPrompt "This is a test of the skype for business auto attendant"
    PS C:\Users\User> $menu = New-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendantMenu -Name "Default Menu" -Prompts $menuPrompt -EnableDialByName
    PS C:\Users\User> $callFlow = New-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendantCallFlow -Name "Default Call Flow" -Menu $menu
    PS C:\Users\User> $oaa.CallFlows = @($callFlow)
    PS C:\Users\User> Set-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant -Instance $oaa
    Organizational auto attendant cannot contain multiple call flows with the same ID or name (case-insensitive).
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant], OaaCmdletException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CallFlowsContainsDuplicates,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Hosted.OAA.V1.SetCsOaaCmdlet
        + PSComputerName        : admin3a.online.lync.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

I also suggest you post your problem in technet Skype for Business forum for help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=sfbfr

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:29 AM
  • Thanks, Lee! Wait, I though that's where I was.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:56 PM
  • Hi Kirk,

Based on my research, we would suggest you change the call flow name instead of the default one when you trying to add the new greeting.

Besides, please also try to use “+=” syntax for updating the call flows ($oaa.Callflows).

Reference (Example 2): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csorganizationalautoattendant?view=skype-ps

You could also try to remove auto attendant feature via powershell cmdlet “Remove-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant”, and then add the new call flow for company greeting if you like.

By the way, the admin center GUI could be used to change the greetings more conveniently.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:45 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2018 8:47 AM
  • Hi Kirk,

Is there any update or other assistance you may need/we could provide on this issue?

If the reply gives you some help, please try to mark it as an answer since it will help others who has similar issue. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Thanks for the help, Calvin. I've given up.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:53 PM