Windows 8. Updates and Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am sitting here installing win8. (I got it when it was still 8, upgradeable to 8.1). At the moment it is downloading and installing about 150 updates and there is still the upgrade to 8.1 to come. With possibly more updates.

Is it possible to make an installation disk which has all updates and upgrades incorporated, so if I have to re-install, it will already be upgraded and updated, so the only updates needed would be the updates published after the installation disk was made?

Regards

Ps.  I'm not sure where to publish this, but tools seems a likely choice.  :-)

Monday, April 13, 2015 12:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Great Dane,

Thank you for posting this query on the TechNet community forums.

From the description I understand you're looking for a way to include updates in your Windows 8.1 installation media, is this correct? Although this is not possible as yet with any official Microsoft tool there are a range of third party options available to you that allow you to "slipstream" updates, and more, into your Windows 8.1 ISO. You can then burn that customised ISO to disk.

One such tool is WinReducer 8.1: http://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-81.html

• Edited by --Zach Monday, April 13, 2015 9:05 AM
    • Proposed as answer by --Zach Monday, April 13, 2015 9:05 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 9:05 AM