Word 2016 not printing text RRS feed

• Question

• My copy of Word 2016 has just started to fail to print text from a Word document, although it will print lines.

I have not changed any settings in Word, or changed my printer or its drivers, but I did upgrade Windows 10.

It happens with both old and new documents, and changing the font does not cure the problem.

A document will look fine in print preview, but when printed none of the text appears, but if a line is present, as under a title, the line is printed.

To work around this problem I now have to produce a PDF document and print that instead of printing from Word.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, this problem appeared after upgrade to Windows 10.

First please try to repair Office application:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Then I suggest you try to remove the printer and re-add it with the latest version of Printer driver.

Please try these methods and let me know the result, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 5, 2018 9:16 AM
  • I repaired the Office application as suggested, and it did not fix the problem.

I then removed the printer and re-added it with the latest version of Printer driver, and it did not fix the problem.

I have 2 printers, and have the same problem on both, so I suspect that it's a problem with Word rather than one of the printers.

Friday, January 5, 2018 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

Please go to File- Account and provide the version number of your Word.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 8, 2018 2:18 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates about this problem now?

Regards,

Emi

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:26 AM