SFB AD User Doesn't Resolve RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that I cannot resolve.

Facts:

• User login name/Display name was renamed many months ago before SfB implementation due to marriage (possible cause of the drama?)
    • User is visible and seen as enabled in the SfB Console and verified with PowerShell get

I have removed and re-added her so many times today, I'm going bonkers.

Would a rename that occurred many months ago be a possible cause?

She was tsmith, now she is tjones. But this was before we implemented SfB.

Her SIP is the same as all other users: Terry. Jones@bigcompmany.com

I'm gonna go nuts on this one... :)

Her samaccountname though is still tsmith, so the previous admins renamed everything but her NT Login name to keep consistency with legacy apps.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you removed her from SfB how long did you leave it before re adding ?

Also you could look to manually rerunning the address book service from Management Shell using update-csaddressbook. The addressbook service update runs every night at 1.30am to look for changes in AD and populate address book files and then the client would pick up any changes the following day. The client address book can be populated in two ways either by download an offline copy of the address to the client in the users sip ur folder or doing web searchs each time.

If you are using the file download method you can add a reg key on the client to force a download on sign in.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rischwen/2014/03/10/lync-2013-force-address-book-download-registry-keys/

Hope this helps,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Hi Gorgeous,

Welcome to our forum.

Did you mean user’s SIP could not be resolved in search bar on SFB client?

If user’s SIP address could not be solved on the specific SFB client, please rebuild the SFB profile. If the issue occur on all SFB clients, run the following command to see the replication cycle interval (The replication cycle interval by default is 60 seconds):

Get-CsUserReplicatorConfiguration

Then, refer to the following to clear address book cache from SFB server side:

1. Delete the address book files from the server located here – <LyncShare1>-WebServices-1ABFiles
    2. Once deleted run Update-CsUserDatabase from SFB management Shell (Synchronizes data between AD and SFB backend DB)
    3. Wait at least 15 minutes
    4. Run Update-CsAddressBook  from SFB Management Shell  (Writes changes in backend DB to the address book files)

To check if the issue was caused by samaccountname, you could create a test account which his samaccountname is same with SIP address to check if the new account could be resolved.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Friday, November 25, 2016 8:24 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 10:01 AM
  • Agree with Martin. Along with Update-csaddressbook  , could you also try update-Csuserdatabase so that the info from the AD will be flushed and updated to the SQL backend.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:13 PM
  • User hadn't logged in yet, so I guess there is an issue with that. Shes ok now. Wierdness. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:00 PM
  • No problems anytime :)

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click &quot;Vote As Helpful&quot; and if it answered your question please click &quot;Mark As Answer&quot;. Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:44 AM