none
Microsoft Project 2013 edit several group tasks at the same time RRS feed

• Question

• I have many task groups with the same sub task there are same in time and label but different
    implementation. is there any way to link/mirror or clone the task group so that in the event of changing something i don't need to edit all separate. example http://imageshack.com/a/img812/3558/c46x.png

so let say i want to add a new task called Move to all the GUI groups, is there any way?

• Edited by ThomasHa4 Friday, December 13, 2013 12:55 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 12:55 AM

All replies

• ThomasHa4 --

Two ways that I can think of would be to copy and paste the new task Move multiple times or to use VBA code to add the task.  Perhaps the others in this group will have some ideas for you as well.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, December 13, 2013 2:58 AM
  • ThomasHa4,

Okay, help us out a little bit. You say the tasks are the same in time and label. By that I assume you mean the duration, start and finish (i.e. time) are all the same as well as the task description (i.e. label). So what is different?

Nonetheless, on the surface I'd have to agree with Dale. Although I normally might favor a VBA approach, I think the copy and paste is simpler. However until the above is clarified, potential solutions are limited.

John

Friday, December 13, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

To add the the excellent advice of Dale and John, you could use the "paste special" functionality (see this article from MPUG).

But be aware that you should not multiple too much this "paste special" trick since it could mess up your project plan (even corrupt it) and lower the visibility you have on the impact when you modify a parameter of a task.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, December 13, 2013 4:19 PM