none
problems with my new acer lap top RRS feed

• Question

•  i'm having 2 separate problems with my acer lap top. the first problem is microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter driver and my second problem is i cant use the software in my cd rom to install my printer. it keeps telling me that the drivers arent found....i tried to download the drivers from lexmark but im not sure what else to do... can yall help me??
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 5:30 PM

Answers

• Please let us know the detail model of your laptop and the printer first. It's better to upload your system information to the the public folder in the SkyDrive for analyzing

As the virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter, you can disable it if you don't use it. 

As the printer issue, please test if the DVD-Rom can read other discs. Since your issue may be caused by the defective driver CD. At the same time, you can try to install the downloaded printer driver from the Lexmark. If the driver is not for Windows 7, you can try to install it in Compatible mode as a workaround.

1. Right-click the exe. file and choose Properties.
    2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista".
    3. Check the box before “Run this program as an Administrator” below.
    4. Click OK to save the settings.
    5. Follow the instruction to install the driver.

If the driver still failed to install, please upload the detail error message for analyzing.

I hope this can help you.

John
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:50 AM
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:48 AM
  • As the Microsoft WIFI Mini Adaptor, you can get more idea from the Microsoft MSDN site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd815243(VS.85).aspx

Meanwhile, there is an intelligible article for this feature.

Windows 7 adds native Virtual WiFi technology from Microsoft Research
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/20090516/windows-7-native-virtual-wifi-technology-microsoft-research/

In short, it is a new feature for Virtual WiFi, but it is still impracticable for most of us, you can safely disable this adaptor in Device Manager and it will not affect your current wireless/cabled network connection.

John
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:41 AM

All replies

•  i'm having 2 separate problems with my acer lap top. the first problem is microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter driver and my second problem is i cant use the software in my cd rom to install my printer. it keeps telling me that the drivers arent found....i tried to download the drivers from lexmark but im not sure what else to do... can yall help me??

We can try to help if y'all would be so kind as to provide a bit of information about your hardware.

Realize there are literally thousands of Acer laptops wandering around and there are also thousands of Lexmark printers wandering around.

Exactly what model and version Acer laptop do you have?

When and where did you buy it?

Exactly what make and model Lexmark printer do you have?
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 8:12 PM
  • Please let us know the detail model of your laptop and the printer first. It's better to upload your system information to the the public folder in the SkyDrive for analyzing

As the virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter, you can disable it if you don't use it. 

As the printer issue, please test if the DVD-Rom can read other discs. Since your issue may be caused by the defective driver CD. At the same time, you can try to install the downloaded printer driver from the Lexmark. If the driver is not for Windows 7, you can try to install it in Compatible mode as a workaround.

2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista".

If the driver still failed to install, please upload the detail error message for analyzing.

John
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

I am someone different but seem to be having the same problems, new windows 7 home pre64 Acer aspire 5738Z, tried installing Lexmark Z2420 wireless and have the following problems now.

1. I am constantly being asked to download Microsoft.NET version 2, when I do it says install unsuccessful, because I already have and it was preloaded.

2. Microsoft wifi mini adaptor devise needs reinstalling.

This is resulting in it telling there is a problem with my PC, how do I rectify this. Any help is welcome.

Thanks
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 4:10 PM
  • As the Microsoft WIFI Mini Adaptor, you can get more idea from the Microsoft MSDN site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd815243(VS.85).aspx

Meanwhile, there is an intelligible article for this feature.

Windows 7 adds native Virtual WiFi technology from Microsoft Research
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/20090516/windows-7-native-virtual-wifi-technology-microsoft-research/

In short, it is a new feature for Virtual WiFi, but it is still impracticable for most of us, you can safely disable this adaptor in Device Manager and it will not affect your current wireless/cabled network connection.

John
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:41 AM

I bought the Acer Aspire 5532 laptop with Win 7 for my husband for Christmas and I just encountered this problem as well this afternoon.  I should've read this thread before attempting to download the driver through Device Manager (the feature where it asks you to look for the driver online).  It caused some errors and a blue screen came up.  I couldn't even boot the computer back up.  I had to restart the computer on safe mode and tried to uninstall whatever driver I have tried to install before the error and blue screen occured but couldn't even find it in the Device Manager after starting up in safe mode.  So, I tried to do system restore, and I'm glad that worked.  I did that through safe mode as well and the computer is back up and running again.  Just ignore the VWifi as it's not really interferring with the normal operation of the computer.

As for your printer problem, I had the same problem last night when I installed our new Canon wireless printer.  The CD software was not compatible with Win 7, but it took me to the link where I could find a compatible driver for it.  If the Lexmark software did not help you find the latest compatible software, you can try contacting Lexmark directly or use the method that John Cena suggested below:

Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:02 PM