none
My Projects View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

using Project server 2013,I want to see only owned project in My Projects View,There I am getting all project related with me.Please let me knwo how to create filter on login baisi project or any other way we can achive this functionality.

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Sharepoint and EPM Consultant,TCS

Monday, February 15, 2016 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

assumption: you are using Project Server 2013 in Project Server permission mode and exiting categories are used and not changed too much.

Ask your administrator to create a Project Center view with all necessary columns and call it "My Projects" or something like that. Add this view only to category "My Projects".

Afterwards, you should be able to select this view in Project Center and see only projects, with you as owner or Status Manager of at least one task.

Does that work?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Monday, February 15, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Hi  Barbara,

Thanks for your prompt reply.few month back i did migration from PS 2010 to PS 2013 and  using Project Server 2013 in Project Server permission mode and exiting categories are used and no changes there.

I am administrator for EPM,My Project view is taken all project where we associated as status manger and as owner manger.

I want only owned project as owner.

is any way i may make filter,because by default no option for only owned project show in Project center view.

Monday, February 15, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

so I did not understand your question completely, sorry. There is no option to distingiush between owner and status manager automatically. The only possibility: add field "Owner" to your view.

You can either group by this field (in view definition or as user after applying this view) to see at least your projects as owner in a separate section.

Or you use this field for a custom filter as user. This filter criteria will be kept. So when you go back to this view, it will still filter owner to the value you entered (your name).

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Monday, February 15, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

I appreciate your prompt reply Barbara.

I understand solution provided by you and implemented here under view as owner group wise however we don't have any automated way to show only logined user project show under any customized view.

As per your last  "Or you use this field for a custom filter as user. This filter criteria will be kept. So when you go back to this view, it will still filter owner to the value you entered (your name)."

is any way we can get generic automatically only login user projects under any views.

Monday, February 15, 2016 10:01 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

We just want to see list of projects where owner = user logged in through AD.

Kindly suggest solution

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:38 AM
  • I am also facing same issue.
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

I am sorry. As I wrote earlier: There is no option to separate projects beiing an owner or being only a status manager out of the box. You may achieve this using some custom code, but I am not sure about exact options there.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:49 AM