Custom outlook button RRS feed

• Question

• 

Hi,

I have a custom macro assigned to a custom button in outlook. Unfortunately none of the available icons make any sense to use based on what the macros does.  Is there a way to upload a custom image and make it available in the symbol selection?

Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

create an add-in instead of a macro - you will be able to set any icon. 

• Proposed as answer by Victor Ivanidze_ Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:44 AM
    • Edited by Victor Ivanidze_ Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by net_tech Saturday, November 2, 2019 7:50 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

>> I have a custom macro assigned to a custom button in outlook.

Do you mean that you want to use macro to customize emoticons and use it in Outlook?

Here I can provide you with two workarounds:

1. In Outlook client, create a new message, select "Insert" tab > click Icons. Then you can see many emoticons here.
    2. When you are composing a message, press "Win + ;", then you can open a emoji list.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 1, 2019 5:43 AM
  • no, what macro is doing does not make any sense to associate with any of the default icons. we are looking at making it in to an Add-in as it will also let us publish it to the web clients.
    Friday, November 1, 2019 1:24 PM
  • no, what macro is doing does not make any sense to associate with any of the default icons. we are looking at making it in to an Add-in as it will also let us publish it to the web clients.
    So my message was useful? Could you mark it then?
    Friday, November 1, 2019 5:12 PM