Old removed systems still showig up under "Have not contacted in 30 days" Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I currently having a problem where the Systems that have not contacted in 30 days field will show old computers that have been removed from SCE and the domain for months.  If I reset the server these disapear for a short while but after about 1hour or so they return in the computers that have not contacted in 30 days field.

I have even tried removing the systems with a powershell script incase the GUI in SCE was not reporting correclty however trying to remove them via power shell script finds nothing.  These systems do not report in SCE or in Active Directory, I have no idea where SCE is pulling this information.

Any help would be greatly appricated.
    The beatings will continue until moral improves!
    Friday, September 4, 2009 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suppose you only delete computer from SCE console directly instead of uninstalling SCE agent. If this is the case, you need to uninstall SCE agent on removed clients. Also, remove old system in WSUS console if they exist at there.

HTH.
    Jie-Feng Ren - MSFT
    Monday, September 7, 2009 6:46 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the response

Yes these systems never had the agents properly removed they where old desktops that where decommisioned and the proper process to remove the agent was not followed. 

We have removed the computers from the Agent Managed section in SCE and from WSUS however they still continue to show up in the "have not been contacted in 30 days" section? 

We are unable to removed the clients from the workstations as these are no long plugged in or turned on, they are probably sitting in a recycling bin somewhere.

Any other idea's would be greatly appricated.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Hi,

Run server cleanup wizard from WSUS console to see if it works.

HTH.
    Jie-Feng Ren - MSFT
    Friday, September 11, 2009 8:50 AM
  • Good afternoon,

thanks for the response.  I have ran the wsus clean up wizard twice with no change.  Another little side note, when the server is reset the systems failing to contact SCE for 30 days drops to 9, but 10-30min later the contact list jumps back up to are normal number of 18 or so. 

Any other thoughts or idea's ?

Friday, September 11, 2009 8:11 PM
  • Any other idea's or updates ? as this is still ongoing.  Is there anyway to possibly purge the sce database ? and start collecting fresh information for it to re-inventory everything?

Monday, September 28, 2009 9:56 PM
  • bump

Anyone know a way to purge the database and re-inventory everything?

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:34 PM