Rename "About results: NN" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys!

I've run into an issue with native sharepoint translation.

We have a search results web part with results counter enabled. In English refiner should show "Results: 7" or " About results: 200". In our language it is translated using Bing (i guess) in something quite incorrect.

Are there any possibilities to manage this translation as those incorrect phrase delivers a bad user experience to our customers.

Best regards,

Anton.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:55 AM

Answers

• As it often happens, when you post a question, the answer comes to mind :) 

Right now my Notepad++ have stopped searching /15 hive for "About results" phrase and gave me an expected result.

You can manage any translation through your Resource files ("C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Resources"). According to search, there are two of them: 

srch.Resources.resx - the default one

srch.Resources.xx-XX.resx - the localized one, where xx-XX might be someth like fr-FR, de-DE, ru-RU and so on.

So, I opened localized file and modified <data name="rs_ApproximateResultCount" xml:space="preserve"> value.

Now clear browser cache and enjoy your results!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:11 AM

All replies

• As it often happens, when you post a question, the answer comes to mind :) 

Right now my Notepad++ have stopped searching /15 hive for "About results" phrase and gave me an expected result.

You can manage any translation through your Resource files ("C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Resources"). According to search, there are two of them: 

srch.Resources.resx - the default one

srch.Resources.xx-XX.resx - the localized one, where xx-XX might be someth like fr-FR, de-DE, ru-RU and so on.

So, I opened localized file and modified <data name="rs_ApproximateResultCount" xml:space="preserve"> value.

Now clear browser cache and enjoy your results!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:11 AM
  • Hi Anton,

Glad to hear your issue solved and thanks for your sharing!

Thanks,

Eric

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:43 AM