Windosw 10 Upgrade notification on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

after appoving September's patches I found that computers just deployed from MDT enterprise image after getting updates as post installation task (not joined to domain) are getting Windows 10 notif icon.

What is that? Wasn't before even during free upgrade distribution. I believe this update shouldn't lick to WSUS.

?

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:23 PM

Answers

• Anne,

after further troubleshooting I found that the update 3035583 causing W10 notification icon appearance could not be found in WSUS. That looks absolutely normal...

This update leaked into the image after last update and was there before September's patch approval.

Thanks for help.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi pob,

>after appoving September's patches I found that computers just deployed from MDT enterprise image after getting updates as post installation task (not joined to domain) are getting Windows 10 notif icon.

1. What is the product do the September's patch for?

2. Are computers deploy from MDT enterprise image with OS win7?

3. Do the win7 clients get window 10 upgrade notification after patching recently?

Best Regards,

Anne 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:08 AM
  • Anne,

> 1. What is the product do the September's patch for?

sorry read the question multiple times cannot get it. Please ask in another form.

what I am saying, non domain W7 computers getting Windows 10 update notification from WSUS.

> Are computers deploy from MDT enterprise image with OS win7?

yes deployed OS is Windows 7 PRO.  Windows update run as post deployment task

and configured to connect to corporate WSUS. AD joint is performed after deployment completed 

> Do the win7 clients get window 10 upgrade notification after patching recently?

NO. Domain computers are not affected.

Friday, September 30, 2016 12:24 PM
  • Hi pob,

Then check if my understanding is correct. Non-domain joined clients (already patched) get win10 upgrade notification from WSUS server. Domain joined clients do not get.

If you synced win10 upgrade and approve it on WSUS server, then its normal that fully patched clients will get upgrade notification. I guess maybe your domain joined computers apply related GPO to disable the upgrade notification, while non-domain joined computer do not.

If you do not want to get the upgrade your win7 clients and do not want to get the notification, you may check the following article to disable the upgrade. On the WSUS server, you may decline the upgrade file and run server cleanup wizard:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3080351

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 3, 2016 5:29 AM
  • Anne,

after further troubleshooting I found that the update 3035583 causing W10 notification icon appearance could not be found in WSUS. That looks absolutely normal...

This update leaked into the image after last update and was there before September's patch approval.

Thanks for help.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:46 PM