Sleep mode problems after using media center for first time ever. RRS feed

• Question

• So my problem is that my windows 7 goes in to sleep mode after 5-10 minutes of inactivity, and I wan't it to not go in to sleep mode at all. I have always had every option I can think of in windows set to prevent from going in to sleep mode. Yet today for the first time ever I had started up windows media center and enabled music sharing on my network. And since I have done this my pc will go in to sleep mode after a 5-10 minute period of inactivity.

as far as I know all my settings are set to not let this happen. power settings are all set to never go to sleep or hibernate or anything. advanced settings the same, and the multimedia  settings in advanced settings are set to "prevent idling to sleep". I sort of wished I had never touched the media center program. any help?

thank you in advanced

Saturday, August 2, 2014 8:55 PM

All replies

• If you think  Windows Media Center is the suspected application for your said problem then you may disable WMC to recheck the issue.

You may also try a third party application MCE Standby Tool

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

• Proposed as answer by Wade__Liu Friday, August 8, 2014 8:01 AM
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:20 AM
  • Hi RealCaptaiN,

Sengupta has provided a good advice, I would suggest to try it by his advice and give your feedback about the result.

If there is any other problem, you can post it back.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:48 AM