Problem with Default Domain Policy on Windows Server 2008 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm teaching GPO on Windows Server 2008, but I'm having a problem. I made a simple configuration in the Default Domain Policy to disable the access to control panel to all user of my domain, but when I update the policy it affects the users and computers of my domain but also my PDC server, and it affects immediately I don't have to logoff and log on (as say the literature because is a user configuration) in my PDC server.
    In my opinion when I change the Default Domain Policy only de Domain User should be affected and in the workstations, not the administrator.
    Anyone dealing with the same problem? What the solution?
    Thanks
    Friday, February 12, 2010 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hello
    The default domain policy applies to the domain as a whole which mean it will affect all users of the domain including the administrator..I fyou need exclude the administrator, then you can add filters or configure a separate GPO and apply to the OU where the users of which the administrator is not part of.
    Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:01 PM
  • Thanks for your quick answer. what kind of filter should I use? WMI filter? 
    Thanks again. 
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:08 PM
  • Hi Jpaulo,

You can either use the WMI filters or sperate OU structure to apply GPO to your targets.

For more information about WMI filtering, you can refer to:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779036(WS.10).aspx

Regards,
    Wilson Jia
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 2:40 AM