A Command Window Appears For a Second RRS feed

• Question

• What happens is : While working on my laptop a Commnad Promt screen comes for a second and vanishes away and this happens a lot of time ..however since this happens so fast I dont what is written in that command screen as it exits in less than 1-2 second Is there any way i can track wht makes to come this screen again and again

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 9:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suspect the issue may be caused by virus. I would like suggest you download the MSE to scan your PC first:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download

Also, if EXIT was written in value of this key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun, it would cause that issue. The solution is that you can just delete it and CMD would be back.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Spencer Xi Monday, January 14, 2013 5:59 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 2:08 AM

All replies

• It is likely something that has been scheduled to run on your machine, as preventing the command prompt from appearing when running commands in schedules tasks often is overlooked. Look in Task Scheduler for anything in the top levels that might cause this issue.

Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

I suspect the issue may be caused by virus. I would like suggest you download the MSE to scan your PC first:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download

Also, if EXIT was written in value of this key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun, it would cause that issue. The solution is that you can just delete it and CMD would be back.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Spencer Xi Monday, January 14, 2013 5:59 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 2:08 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

I Check in Task Schedular not found any scheduled task, thanks for info.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:12 AM
  • Hi Spencer,

Today I will scan my system using Mt Antivirus and will update you on this,

thanking you

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:15 AM