none
Formula works in Pj Pro client but returns no result in PWA schedule view RRS feed

• Question

• The formula below returns the desired result in Project Professional, but the column is blank when viewed in project center and project details web part schedule view?

IIf(ProjDateValue([Baseline Estimated Finish])=4294967295,"No Baseline",IIf([Milestone]=Yes And [Baseline Estimated Duration]=0 And [Scheduled Finish]>[Baseline Estimated Finish],"Delayed",IIf([Milestone]=Yes And [Baseline Estimated Duration]=0 And [Scheduled Finish]<=[Baseline Estimated Finish],"On Schedule",CSng([Finish Variance]/[Baseline Estimated Duration]*100) & "%")))

Thanks for any help

• Moved by Barbara HenhaplMVP, Moderator Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:36 PM Project Server question (From:Project Standard and Professional General Questions and Answers)
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

a few questions:

• Have you edited your project im Project Web App? ProjDateValue will not work there.
    • Are you using indicators?
    • HAve you published your project after seeing the correct values in Project client?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by rixmcx59 Tuesday, May 3, 2011 11:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:39 PM

All replies

• When you say Baseline Estimated Finish, it seems to be a custom field, make sure that this is an Enterprise Field and not a local custom field. Please let us know if this field is already added as an Enterprise Field in the Project Server and still the Formula is not running in Project Centre.
    Sapna S
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

a few questions:

• Have you edited your project im Project Web App? ProjDateValue will not work there.
    • Are you using indicators?
    • HAve you published your project after seeing the correct values in Project client?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by rixmcx59 Tuesday, May 3, 2011 11:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:39 PM
  • Sapna, when I write the fomula in Pj client I am choosing 'Baseline Finish' and 'baseline Duration' as the columns, then when I go to PWA/server settings/Enterprise custom fields the expression has been changed to reflect estimated columns.

The Baseline Estimated Finish and Baseline Estimated Duration columns are Project fields and the data is identical to their partners data, 'Baseline Finish' and 'baseline Duration' they are not custom fields.

Not sure why the Baseline information is being converted to estimated when I save the field to enterprise

Thanks for any help

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 10:08 PM
  • Barbara, no edits in the web app.  I am using indicators in another custom column, but not this one.  I did try publishing the project that I created the cuatom column in after I had achieved the desired result, but no luck.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 10:11 PM
  • Barbara had the answer; ProjDateValue will not work in a sharepoint Pj schedule view, even though it works in the Pj Pro client, but ProjDateValue will work if the formula is driving an indicator, we currently use the formula below to drive a traffic signal indicator.  I simply trimmed the ProjDateDiff Function from the formula in my original post and it works.   Thanks to Barbara

IIf(ProjDateValue([Baseline Finish])=4294967295,"No Baseline",IIf([Milestone]=Yes And [Baseline Duration]=0 And [Finish]>[Baseline Finish],"Milestone Delayed",IIf([Finish]<=[Baseline Finish],"On Schedule",IIf(([Finish Variance]/[Baseline Duration])>0.1,"10% + Late",IIf(([Finish Variance]/[Baseline Duration])>=0.05 And ([Finish Variance]/[Baseline Duration])<=0.1,"5% to 10% Late",IIf(([Finish Variance]/[Baseline Duration])<0.05,"On Schedule"))))))

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 11:42 PM