locked
Sharepoint Form New Item 404 Not found RRS feed

  • Question

  • I recently created a sharepoint list through infopath and publishing the form.  However, when I click the 'new item' button in sharepoint it immediately sends me to the generic 404 not found page.  I am still able to see the form if I try to edit it in the form web parts section but I cannot submit a new form.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,

    David

    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 5:10 PM

All replies

  • It is difficult to say what is going wrong, but you can try few options

    1. Find out the URL for the form which is not working, you can use developer tools of the browsers
    2. Use tools like SharePoint Manager or SharePoint Management Shell to find out the new form url
    3. Check the SharePoint 15 hive logs to find out if anything is wrong

    Hope this helps.

    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 5:24 PM
  • HI DAVid,

    I opened turned OFF the dialog and checked the URL it uses to launch display form. As the normal list behaves, it is first invoking the "listform.aspx" page with  query string. The "listform.aspx" page normally causes redirection to appropriate page type specified in the query string. Due to the 404, browser was not displaying the correct final URL. So I just launched the developer tools and checked the HTTP request/response cycle.

    The "listform.aspx" is sending 302 for redirection but the location it was referring to the original list. As the original list does not have the new created display form of the new list. It was returning 404.

    Then we removed content type ID from the query string and it was working fine. We further investigated and checked if it refers to wrong content type. It was referring to the content type available with the new list. So content type is not the issue.

    Why "listform.aspx" referring to the original list?

    I de-compiled the code of the "listform.aspx". The "listform.aspx" page invokes a method ofListFormWebPart. This method prepares the final display URL  based on the "DisplayFormUrl" property of content type.

    see this if it can help you:

    https://blog.mastykarz.nl/sharepoint-2010-page-not-found-404/

    Mark as answer if help you.

    Thanks

    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 5:33 PM
  • How would I go about checking the hive logs? Would it be fairly clear what is wrong with it?
    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:30 PM
  • Hi David,

    I met the similar issue before, you need to install the "State Service" via SharePoint Configuration Wizards in Central Administration or using PowerShell.

    Using SharePoint Configuration Wizards, please go to SharePoint Central Administration-> Configuration Wizards-> Farm Configuration-> Launch the Farm Configuration Wizard-> Start the Wizard, Select "State Service" and click Next button to create it.

    Using PowerShell:

    1. Click Start, Administrative Tools, Windows PowerShell Modules.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type $serviceApp = New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name “State Service”
    3. Create a State Service database and associate it with a service application, by typing New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name “StateServiceDatabase” -ServiceApplication $serviceApp
    4. Create a State Service Application Proxy and associate it with the service application by typing New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name “State Service” -ServiceApplication $serviceApp -DefaultProxyGroup
    (You can use another proxy group if necessary by changing the DefaultProxyGroup parameter)

    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:28 AM
  • Hi David ,

    Please let me know what version of SharePoint and InfoPath are you using , moreover it would help to see if you can navigate from sharepoint root site to the list and show a screen shot

    Raaj 

    Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:27 AM