Explorer does not start from pin in the taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Just would like to report that Explorer does not start from pin in the taskbar or start menu on one of my computer (build 10240, 64bit). If I start explorer from "run" or from shortcut in any location, it starts fine.

Sunday, August 2, 2015 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume "Explorer on Taskbar" means the icon in the middle of Edge and Windows Store icons (default).

It is actually a shortcut inside C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.

please check if it is applicable as well.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:25 AM

All replies

• Explorer does not start from pin in the taskbar or start menu

In the former case a lot of users miss the fact that there is a thumbnail which represents a window that has been opened off screen.   In the latter case I think you may need to be more specific and perhaps look at the Properties of each shortcut or even create a new one.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, August 2, 2015 6:15 PM
  • Hi,

I assume "Explorer on Taskbar" means the icon in the middle of Edge and Windows Store icons (default).

It is actually a shortcut inside C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.

please check if it is applicable as well.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:25 AM