none
How do i import an XVA file to Hyper V RRS feed

• Question

• Friends, 

I have XenServer 5.6 in production and the license expired now the VMS will not start. I have since exported from the expired 5.6 server two hosts as XVA - no snapshots where on the machines both hosts were running MS Server 2008r2.

my plan is to 1: import the XenServer 5.6 hosts onto a new XenServer 6.2 and export from 6.2 to 7.1 and do a final import

2: convert XVA to VHD create a new HyperV2016 host attach converted VHD as the primary HD, boot host.

• Edited by Bertland Friday, May 17, 2019 4:44 AM typos
    Friday, May 17, 2019 4:40 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

It's not recommended to do P2V or V2V, since it may cause some unexpected issues and hard to troubleshoot.

Generally, we recommend you rebuild the VM in the hyper-v.

For how to export from Xencenter to Hypervisor, please refer to the following link:

Exporting from Xencenter to Hypervisor (XVA to VHD)

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability. 

In addition ,here is a thread discussed before, please have a look:

Migrating from XenServer 7.0 to Hyper-V 2016 Server

Notice what Tim said, you might try to use Citrix Project Kensho.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Friday, May 17, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, May 20, 2019 5:16 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates on this issue?

Best Regards,

Candy

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:27 AM