none
Windows 10, not rebooting at all/no safe mode either RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i received an upgrade notification bout a week ago, installed fine and loved windows 10 and its features, i then left for a weekend vacation and when i came back and booted my pc, it told me that windows 10 did not load properly and that a simple reset would fix the problem, so i proceeded and to no avail it stuck on the loading screen for 5 hours. I then used my Macbook (the irony of this is uncanny lol ) to search up solutions and one was to reboot by telling windows 10 to restore your previous version, so i attempted to do that by resetting my computer and loading back the blue screen and now, it just loads and says restoring your previous version but its been doing that for 5 hours+ again.

Is there a solution i could work with? I've asked a computer repair place, to look at it, but i wanted to see if there was an option here, because it's upsetting to knows windows 7 served me well for so many years and windows 10 just let me down in less than a week.

Thanks for your help,

Meghan

Monday, August 17, 2015 1:29 AM

All replies

• Check out this link it should tell you the information you need to read in order to solve your problem.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2015/08/13/windows-10-update-fixes-endless-reboot-loop/

Monday, August 17, 2015 1:33 AM
  • it's a great read thank you and i would love the solution to work, but how can i delete the part of the update, when i cannot even load to my desktop or in safe mode for that matter, its just sitting on a black screen with "restoring your previous version of windows", which i am sure is never going to happen, i don't know what i could even do through my bios but I'm sure nothing clever enough to at least get into safe mode for windows.
    Monday, August 17, 2015 1:54 AM
  • Maybe you should give it some time if it doesn't fix itself I'm not sure how to at this moment. Sorry
    Monday, August 17, 2015 1:57 AM
  • Thanks, i am gonna hope Microsoft can give me a solution, if not, its upsetting that ill have to pay money to fix a free upgrade thats not my fault initially.
    Monday, August 17, 2015 1:59 AM
  • Yeah that wouldn't be right to pay out of pocket for there screw up. Good Luck.
    Monday, August 17, 2015 2:04 AM
  • thank you
    Monday, August 17, 2015 2:14 AM
  • just an update, I've had the same restoring to a previous version of windows for over 12 hours now, its safe to say its not restoring, this is dumb
    Monday, August 17, 2015 12:37 PM