Windows 10 Edge Browser and Cortana stop working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

after 2 Days Using Windows 10 Cortana and the Edge brwoser stop working.

Edge shows following Error Message "Unfortunetely this page cannot be loaded" ip or dns.

Cortana says "can't connect at the moment please try it in some minutes again "

Clearing Browser Data(cache history etc.) didn't help.

IE Chrome FF work without any problems

I hope someone can help me.

Greetings Neo

• Edited by neo2435 Friday, July 31, 2015 6:12 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi neo2435,

Apologize for the late reply.

Please trye the following command and see if it could make it work:

Ipconfig /flushDNS

Further, please check to see if the reply in teh following thread would help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c00b1d73-5ccd-4340-b108-2bd71b25c90c/windows-10-apps-have-no-internet?forum=win10itpronetworking

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2015 5:58 AM
  • none of these solutions helped for me :/
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:19 AM
  • Edge Browser shuts off when click on folder in browser - to get to links inside folder.  Works on links, not in folders.   Works if you type in URL.  Works if you access line thru file explorer favorites folder and sub folders.

Drop down menu browser, click on folder shuts EDGE down.  

Also have the InputPersonalization.exe error popping up consistently.  THIS IS A SURFACE PRO 3. Amazing.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:12 PM
  • just an update i can't even create a new useraccount "a problem accoured" try it again ..........
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 12:34 AM
  • Hi neo2435,

Please download Windows 10 and create the isntall media, then we may choose to do an inplace upgrade from there and see if this would help to fix this issue.

Regarding create a new user, in addition to create new user under settings, please type lusrmgr.msc, then right click users and create new user from there.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:33 AM
  • The Problem even persists when made a fresh installation. The Problem was my microsoft account. Like i wrote couldn create a new user under User Accounts but under Accounts switch to a local account and switching back to the microsoft account solved my issue.

Just an update -.- after restart the problem is back again

• Edited by neo2435 Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:19 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:18 AM
  • I have same problem. Got a Win10 Update and everything quit.

Cortana says "Listening..." but won't respond.

Edge puts up a blank window that immediately disappears.

Groove won't do anything.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:37 PM
  • I am having the same issue with Edge and cannot type anything in Cortana's "ask anything" box not get a voice response.
    Monday, August 17, 2015 9:32 PM
  • Hi all,

Please check Windows Update and make sure we have update KB 3081438 installed:

Cumulative update for Windows 10: August 14, 2015

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438

If Windows Update can't find this one, we may also download the update using Microsoft Update catalog:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3081438

Regards

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Friday, August 21, 2015 6:27 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:18 AM
  • already installed didn't fixed my problem also reinstalling it didn't help.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 11:36 AM
  • Hi neo2435,

Then please consider to use the Windows 10 install Media to do an upgrade install.

Regards

Monday, August 31, 2015 7:12 AM
  • i started with an upgrade install and even after a fresh install the problem persists.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:16 PM