none
The Status Manager field based on Project Creator RRS feed

• Question

• I am seeing where the Status Manager fields lists the person who initially created the project not the person who assigned the resources and published the schedule.

I thought the Status Manager was the first person to publish task assignments in MS Project until changed.

Is that wrong do you have to go in and change the Status Manager everytime you create a new project?

PWA 2010

REJ

• Moved by Alexander.BurtonModerator Monday, July 23, 2012 7:13 PM PWA 2010 On prem question (From:Project Online General Questions and Answers)
    Monday, July 23, 2012 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the Status Manager is not project creator, but task creator, so the person who created task (not depending on creating assignment).
    When a resource creates a new task, Status Manager for this task is Project Owner.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:27 PM
  • What I should have added was the project types have schedule templates already created.

So now the person who is assigned the owner of the new project has to go into the schedule and [Status Manager] take over all the tasks from the creator of the project.

That seems odd to me why the default wouldn't be the person orginally assigned ownership of the project not be the Status Manager.

REJ

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:31 PM
  • The new owner will need to show the Status manager column pick their name form the list for the top task and then do a fill down. then save and publish.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:04 AM
  • Hi,

yes, I agree, it asks new PM for some action. By this reason, I create a special view most of the time including Status Manager column and some other fields PM has to pay attention. I use this view to save templates. No other idea right now.

Barbara

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:57 AM