no default mail client error message check reset box but it didn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Error message:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.

Please run Microsoft outlook and set it as default mail client.

I did this procedure and it didn't work

What should I do?

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 12:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the detailed operation before this error messages prompted? Did you configure an email account in Outlook?

Please open Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default program, confirm if Outlook has been configured as the default Email program on Windows.

Additionally, to check if Outlook has been configured as default email client for Windows, we can right-click a text file in Desktop, select Send to > Mail recipient, check if an Outlook window is prompted with this text attached.

Any updates on your side, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 8:04 AM
  • I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:55 AM