Tab still visiable RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with MOSS 2007. Our Home page has a tab for each department. I have add permissions to only those in each department who are allowed to view there tab of which they are part of. Yet when others in the company sign on to SharePoint, the tabs they are not allowed to are viewable. How do I remove the tab from being seen from those who are not authorized.

For example: Retail Tab

I've gone into that page .. site actions - site setting - permissions - and only those in Retail are there ...  yet others in the company can still view "Retail".

Friday, April 5, 2013 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Mj,

First, what type of Site do you have deployed a Team Site, Publishing Site, etc.. Second you mention TABS can you explain what you mean? Do you mean Drop Downs from Global Navigation or FlyOuts from the Quick Launch. Last, is the user who can see the TAB able to access the site where you have removed the permissions or they see the TAB click on it and receive an access denied?

If you truly mean TABs then you need to find how they are implemented. there isn't an OOB TAB for Navigation is SharePoint 2007. Also, if you have a Publishing Site and you are using a Page for each Department not Sites, you will need to go to the Pages Library, highlight the Page, Click Document Permissions and Stop Inheriting Permissions.

Next, check  Navigation, If there have been Links added manually then they will not be security trimmed..

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn , My Blog, @iasanders, BI in SP2013, SP2013 Content Packs.

Friday, April 5, 2013 10:44 PM