none
IMAP&SMTP Server Slowness Issue

Question

• Hi there, I am connecting "imap-mail.outlook.com" to get mails of user and "smtp-mail.outlook.com" to send mails as user but the connection is very slow. I have tried from different connections and wifi connections. Every other request is very fast except outlook connections.

I don't get token to connect these services, just connect with plain username and password. Is slowness might be happening because of this? Should i get token to connect faster? What can i do to make it faster or what might be causing this slowness?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting here. This forum is used for development issues when using Outlook object model. I think your issue is out of scope. I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:54 AM
  • Hi Tasin,

Is there any changes recently? Have you installed any updates?

If you are working with Outlook.com account, I suggest you can connect to it with Exchange connection worked as an Exchange account as a workaround. To setup Outlook.com account as Exchange account, please do the following steps:

Go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup the Outlook account with Auto Account Setup in new profile.

Set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used". Use this new profile and confirm if the issue can be fixed.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 2:14 AM
  • Hi Yasin,

Have you tried my suggestion?

Please feel free to post back if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:16 AM