declare parameter RRS feed

• Question

• how can i declare a parameter in proclarity. i want to use this parameter in my MDX query in Proclarity.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:25 PM

Answers

• Can you give an example of the type of parameter you are looking for?

If you are using the Web Standard (thin client), there are a number of ways to parameterize the views via the "&expr=" URL parameter.  If you are using the Professional Client, the only way to do it out of the box is to use Slicers.  However, you can use Calculated Members or Named Sets as parameters, assuming you can know how to programmatically manipulate the calculations or write your own MDX functions.

Jason 

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:34 PM

All replies

• Hello Ankan,

I believe what you'll need to do is to create an action within your cube.  Actions are links to web pages, spreadsheets, Reporting Services reports, etc.  If you're using AS 2005 you can create these under the Actions tab within BIDS. 

If I have misunderstood your question please let me know.

Thanks,

Amanda Ruffner

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:55 PM
  • Can you give an example of the type of parameter you are looking for?

If you are using the Web Standard (thin client), there are a number of ways to parameterize the views via the "&expr=" URL parameter.  If you are using the Professional Client, the only way to do it out of the box is to use Slicers.  However, you can use Calculated Members or Named Sets as parameters, assuming you can know how to programmatically manipulate the calculations or write your own MDX functions.

Jason 

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:34 PM