none
error code 10060 RRS feed

• Question

• A barcode printer I administer refuses to print.  I have swapped it for a known working device, with no change in results.

System Event logs recorded thus: "Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 10060".

I have trawled several forums, with no reliable info found.  Guidance will be highly appreciated.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:43 AM

Answers

• What type of network card or print server device are you using for the printer?  Http is not used by the Standard TCP/IP Port.

How is the port configured?  Find prnport.vbs in \system32 or \system32\Printing_Admin_scripts\[lang]

on a command line type "cscript prnport.vbs -l "

this will display the list of TCP ports with the configuration

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team; Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?adv=1
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi All

Many thanks for your input.

We finally diagnosed the fault!

Some peculiar symptoms were: labels printed from different tables on the same database would or would not print, depending on the table they were in.

Our switch and router guy configured the switch to auto-negotiate link speed, and we set the printer NIC to 100 Meg half-duplex.  Turns out the auto-neg link speed for the printer is a bit flaky.  It works elsewhere in the network, but not with all switches, if that makes sense.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:32 AM

All replies

• looks like some network timeout.  Is the device attached to Standard TCP/IP Port or other network related port?

C:\>winerror 10060
     10060 WSAETIMEDOUT <--> No NTSTATUS matched

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team; Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?adv=1
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:56 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Alan

info from trawling did indicate a timeout, but no specifics.

The printer is on a standard TCP/IP port.  I have confirmed there are no duplicates on the network.

I have removed the queue and port from the printer server, and recreated the queue on PC, and another server, with no luck.

Watching the printer queue, the job appears, spools and disappears, but the printer turns nothing out.

I can browse to the printer's embedded web page, indicating http traffic is not blocked.  I can also ping it from the PC I have installed the printer queue on.  Printer queue is shared and listed in AD.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:06 AM
  • What type of network card or print server device are you using for the printer?  Http is not used by the Standard TCP/IP Port.

How is the port configured?  Find prnport.vbs in \system32 or \system32\Printing_Admin_scripts\[lang]

on a command line type "cscript prnport.vbs -l "

this will display the list of TCP ports with the configuration

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:02 AM
  • Hi Alan

I shall check this out on Monday.  Presently taking a break at the end of several weeks of unusually high incident rate!

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Friday, August 27, 2010 10:35 AM
  • Hi All

Many thanks for your input.

We finally diagnosed the fault!

Some peculiar symptoms were: labels printed from different tables on the same database would or would not print, depending on the table they were in.

Our switch and router guy configured the switch to auto-negotiate link speed, and we set the printer NIC to 100 Meg half-duplex.  Turns out the auto-neg link speed for the printer is a bit flaky.  It works elsewhere in the network, but not with all switches, if that makes sense.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:32 AM