BSOD on Windows 7 - Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal. Lists Storport.sys as main fault. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been having this issue since last week, and what happens a lot is I'll retry to login and it will occasionally let me on my computer, only to BSOD again. It mainly happens after entering my password to login, but will occasionally happen during doing nothing. I've even stepped away from it, with nothing running besides MSN Messenger, and it will BSOD on me.

I've tried checking my memory, and all of it works fine. I even manually removed sticks, and restarted the computer, but the same errors keep happening. I've checked my video cards, both are working fine. So, I'm down to something's wrong with my HD and I'd love to fix this, otherwise I'll be forced to buy a new one.

I'm not sure what's going on, and the worse part is that I'm unable to get a minidump from ANY of the BSODs. I've got them enabled, done both small minidump or full kernal, but both produce absolutely nothing even though the BSOD confirms that it was done. So, I would love to provide more information with those dumps, but I'm unable to.

However, I have written down the repeat BSODs and here's what I get:

Stop 0x000000D1 (0x00000000000069, 0x00000000000002, 0x00000000000000, 0xFFFFF88000C010ED)

Storport.sys FFFFF8800C010ED Base at FFFFF88000C00000 Date Stamp 4a5bace

I've also gotten this without mentioning Storport.sys:

Stop 0x0000000A (0x00000000000008, 0x00000000000000, 0xFFFFF80002C62D29)

I'm going to attempt to disable Storport.sys through Device Manager, but so far I wanted to get anybody's opinion on what I should do. The weirdest part is that I can still occasionally log in... And otherwise, my only solution I can think of is to purchase a new HD.

Anybody have something I might not be aware of? And also, this entire not getting a minidump thing is really irritating.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:00 AM

Answers

• The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high. - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560244(v=VS.85).aspx

And

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560129(v=VS.85).aspx

You say video "Cards" are they nvidia ? have you tried updating them both to the latest drivers. When you say you have checked the video cards what do you mean? Have you tried unplugging one and leaving the other in ... does the problem still occur. Then swapping them and seeing if the problem occurs ?

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:42 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:13 PM

All replies

• The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high. - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560244(v=VS.85).aspx

And

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560129(v=VS.85).aspx

You say video "Cards" are they nvidia ? have you tried updating them both to the latest drivers. When you say you have checked the video cards what do you mean? Have you tried unplugging one and leaving the other in ... does the problem still occur. Then swapping them and seeing if the problem occurs ?

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:42 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:13 PM
  • I also had this problem.  It appeared to happen after the Windows Update.  After 2 days of struggling to get in I had to give up and re-install. 

Needless to say I am far from happy or impressed.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Yo también Tuve Este Problema. parecia Que sucederá despues de la Actualizacion de Windows. Despues de 2 dias de lucha párr Entrar Tuve Que renunciar y volver a Instalar. 

No HACE Falta Decir Que Estoy Lejos de ser feliz o impresionado.

Yo Tengo El Mismo Problema y ocurrio CUANDO EL Equipo actualizo el bios y desde 'entonces' Instalando os Nuevo Igual ocurre Pero si coloco Continuar normalmente con Windows7 Funciona sin Problema, Otra Cosa De Vez en Cuando me Arroja el codigo Bad_Pool_Header esto ocurre cuando permanece prendido Demasiado Tiempo aprox. 3 a 4 Dias seguidos.
    • Edited by trontit Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:20 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:15 AM