App-V Installation Problems. "Setup did not complete successfully" RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently working on deploying Appv 5.0 in a production environment, but I am currently having problems with the installation. Database scripts has installed successfully. Attached is a picture of the log file with the errors.

PLEASE HELP

Monday, May 12, 2014 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi There,

Have you tried to just manually run the install and generate an MSI log or grab an error screenshot?

If I was to guess, I'd bet one of the Windows updates for Powershell 3.0 is not on the machine but it could also be one of the other pre-requisites. Note that App-V's installation does not install these for you. You must first install the pre-requisites. Even if not a client install, the pre-requisites must first be met. Ensure pre-reqs for both servers are met before attempting the install...note that Powershell 3.0 does require a reboot...

Here's an example of setting up all pieces but it's based on one server, it should still serve as a guide none the less (Windows Updates required may vary depending on your environment, if you launch Powershell on the server and it says 2012 you should be good for that): http://rorymon.com/blog/index.php/how-to-setup-the-app-v-5-0-streaming-server/

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, May 12, 2014 11:51 PM

All replies

• Hi THE_BOY_WONDER,

It looks like that the issue is on the appv client side. Do you want to confirm this?

Error code 0x80070643 stands for ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE which is to say that the installer ran and failed.

It's possible that you are missing something on your client side. Check the following link for more information about the prerequisites: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713458.aspx

Give us also the next time more information about your environment (SBC/VDI, OS version, AppV version, etc...).

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:16 PM
  • The environment consist of AppV 5.0 on 3 windows 2008 r2 servers. One with Appv management and reporting, second one with appv publisher, and the third one with sql. This is not an client install. Any recommendation on installation setup, please help.

Monday, May 12, 2014 7:18 PM
  • Hi There,

Have you tried to just manually run the install and generate an MSI log or grab an error screenshot?

If I was to guess, I'd bet one of the Windows updates for Powershell 3.0 is not on the machine but it could also be one of the other pre-requisites. Note that App-V's installation does not install these for you. You must first install the pre-requisites. Even if not a client install, the pre-requisites must first be met. Ensure pre-reqs for both servers are met before attempting the install...note that Powershell 3.0 does require a reboot...

Here's an example of setting up all pieces but it's based on one server, it should still serve as a guide none the less (Windows Updates required may vary depending on your environment, if you launch Powershell on the server and it says 2012 you should be good for that): http://rorymon.com/blog/index.php/how-to-setup-the-app-v-5-0-streaming-server/

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, May 12, 2014 11:51 PM
  • I added a link in my first post. Here are the prerequisites for the server side also described.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:36 AM