none
Cluster 2016

Question

• Hi,

We installed Hyper-V cluster 2016. We have 4 nodes. Now we have big problem with Veeam Backup after changing Cluster IP address from DHCP to static. Veeam guy told us that we need to be able to browse to \\cluster01.domain.com\c$

Is that true? Master server is one of our nodes example HV01. I can ping cluster01.domain.com and I can resolve it with NSLOOKUP. Shall we able to browse \\cluster01.domain.com\c$

Do we need to Update something more when we change cluster IP address?

Monday, March 13, 2017 11:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Leo,

Veeam was not able to give us an answer. Guy who was giving support had no experience in cluster. We joined Veeam server to domain and everything started to work. It was not problem in cluster. 

Thank you all for support.

• Proposed as answer by Nedim Mehic Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by medy5 Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Medy5

You cannot browse any shares on the cluster name unless you add the File server role to the cluster as well and that doesn't seems like a very good way to go.

Only one node will be responding to that share at a time and therefor all backup will go trough that server.

Andreas Sobczyk CloudMechanic.net

• Proposed as answer by Leo HanModerator Monday, March 27, 2017 2:07 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by medy5 Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:19 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 5:54 PM
  • Hi Andreas,

Thank you for you reply. I don't understand why veeam support said that? We are not able to run backup or add cluster into Veeam after we changed cluster IP address. Do we need to do something more regarding this?

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:27 PM
  • Hi Medy5,

>>Thank you for you reply. I don't understand why veeam support said that?

I suggest you consult Veeam for more details.

After IP addresses are changed, check if the related host records in DNS server are changed to the new IP addresses.

Then, I suppose changing the IP addresses would not affect the backup, you may ask Veeam support for help.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:26 AM
  • Hi,
    Are there any updates on the issue?
    You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful.
    Best Regards,
    Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Veeam was not able to give us an answer. Guy who was giving support had no experience in cluster. We joined Veeam server to domain and everything started to work. It was not problem in cluster. 

Thank you all for support.

• Proposed as answer by Nedim Mehic Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by medy5 Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:28 PM
  • Hi Medy5

You cannot browse any shares on the cluster name unless you add the File server role to the cluster as well and that doesn't seems like a very good way to go.

Only one node will be responding to that share at a time and therefor all backup will go trough that server.

Andreas Sobczyk CloudMechanic.net

We are able to browse cluster share (storage) \\clustername\clusterstorage$ without adding File server role.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:20 AM