none
How does FAST 2010 for SP handle security trimmed search results?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question in regards to the security trimming done by FAST Search 2010. A few days ago I have installed a server and added it to my farm. All is fine. It crawls and indexes and provides search results.

Now I wanted to provide a few colleagues tests useraccounts with access to all content.

I gave them permissions via webapplication user policy "Full Control". Now they were able to do everything in this web application, but the search did not show results?!

Then I tried to provide permissions by adding them to the Site Collection Administrator group. Still this did not change anything.The search results page stayed empty.

Only by adding these users to site specific user groups (owner or contributor) convinced the FAST Search center to display results to them.

How does FAST handle security trimming? Sharepoint Search works with my first two approaches aswell?!

Thanks

Sven

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:01 PM

Answers

• You need to wait for the next incremental crawl to update the document permissions in the search index.
    • Proposed as answer by Mikael SvensonMVP Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sven W Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:57 PM

All replies

• You need to wait for the next incremental crawl to update the document permissions in the search index.
    • Proposed as answer by Mikael SvensonMVP Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sven W Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:57 PM
  • Is this behaviour the same with Sharepoint Search or this special for FAST?
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:16 PM
  • Don't know for sure about SharePoint search but it's definitely the case with FAST.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:19 PM