How to automatically populate a request offering field in the portal based on the value of the previous field RRS feed

• Question

• I have a request offering on the portal and in the first field they enter a user's badge number (the SamAccountName value) and in the second field they enter their display name.  I want the second field to automatically populate with the display name based on the value entered in the first field.  The relationship exists in service manager already based on the AD data pulled in from the connector.  I believe this can be done but am not finding any information on how to do it.  Does anyone know of a writeup for how this is done?

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

as far as I know this is not possible with the current implementation of the portal. What you can try if that fit's your needs is to apply a filter as it is described here: http://blog.concurrency.com/infrastructure/service-manager-request-query-result-filtering

In short terms: An additional text field filters the picker  - see details on the blog post about "Configure Query Results"

Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine 2002-2011 | Austria |

• Proposed as answer by Stefan KoellMVP Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I was finally able to find what I was looking for by using the token for the previous field. Thanks too for the link you provided. That won't work for this particular task, but I'll keep it for future reference as it may work then. Thanks.
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:26 PM