disable some email addresses for use with Directory Synchronization Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have here a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 and Exchange Server 2007 SP2 with Forefront Protection 2010 (Upgraded from previous version for some days). We started do use Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for some weeks.

Therefore I installed the Directory Synchronization Tool. After configuration, it transfers succesfull all email adresses once a day.

Now my problem is, that I want not all emails activated for Forefront Online Protection. We have also some internal email addresses  (distribution, public folder), which should only get emails from the inside. They have the right security settings for that.

However it seems to me it is better, that these email addresses aren't on the user interface of Microsoft Forefront Online Protection. Someone external sender should not know that there also more email addresses.

Therefore my questions if it is possible to block such email addresses for the Directory Synchronization Tool, that it wouldn't be transfered to Forefront Online Protection?

regards, Reisenhofer Andreas
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you referring to Directory Synchronization for Exchange Hosted Services, or for Microsoft Online services?  If I am interpreting your message correctly, and you are using Directory Sync to Forefront Online Protection, please call 866-493-2825 and they will be able to assist you.

Regards,

Matt

Friday, May 28, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Yes it's true. We use Forefront Online Protection, but this is also a Microsoft Online service, or not? However, is for the Microsoft Directory Sync to Forefront Online Protection no Email Support? The Phone number doesn't work.

Monday, May 31, 2010 6:01 AM
  • According to my recent search, it seems to me that those feature isn't available.

In Microsoft Forefront Protection for Exchange 2010 there is also a new option for Forefront Online Protection. The missing feature should be available there - a newer Microsoft Directory Synchronization Tool is integrated - so the response from a Microsoft Technican per telephone.

If someone use Microsoft Forefront Server for Exchange 2010 please give response - thanks

Monday, May 31, 2010 8:59 AM