none
Setting text format for critical tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I want to format the text of Task Names of critical tasks to turn red in my schedule.  However, when I set them to this, via Format -> Text Styles, the color of known critical tasks remain black.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to get the desired outcome is appreciated.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Tom,

When you say "known critical tasks" how are you determining whether the tasks are critical?  Project determines whether tasks are critical by calculating the amount of Total Slack (float in the Project Management world.)  Add the Total Slack field to the table (left side of the Gantt chart).  Are the tasks you are expecting to be critical showing slack greater than zero?

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:56 AM
  • In addition to Julie's excellent advice, I'd also suggest to insert the "critical" column since the critical path calculation might have been changed to a none zero slack. This will show you which tasks will be formatted based on the text style feature from the format tab.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 7:59 AM
  • Finally, after checking the good advice above, I would select the tasks and then clear formats. If you have manual formatting it prevents the style from applying.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:12 AM