Remove completely all website(IIS) monitoring management pack in SCOM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please let me know how can i remove completely all related website(IIS) monitoring management pack in SCOM 2016. Is it enough if i delete all below management packs:

Operations Manager APM Web

Web Application Availability Monitoring Solutions Library Resources (ENU)

Web Application Availability Monitoring Solutions Library

Web Application Availability Monitoring Library

Web Application Monitoring Library

Thanks,

Win

winstar

• Edited by winstar15 Monday, December 16, 2019 2:33 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 2:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

These management pack are default management packs that comes with the SCOM installation, you should avoid deleting those.
    Are you currently receiving any alerts for your websites?

If you don’t want to monitor any ”IIS websites” also ensure that you don’t have any IIS management packs imported.

If websites are discovered automatically and you don’t want them to be monitored, you could create overrides to disable the discoveries of the websites in the first place.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Marked as answer by winstar15 Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:38 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 6:39 AM

All replies

• It is not feasible to remove this management packs because there are dependent management pack.
    If you want to disable user to add custom web site monitoring, i suggest that you may use role to narrow user permission and views.

Roger
    Monday, December 16, 2019 4:20 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, is there other way if i want to remove all IIS monitoring in our organisation in SCOM 2016? 

Thanks,

Win

winstar

Monday, December 16, 2019 5:32 AM
  • Hi,

These management pack are default management packs that comes with the SCOM installation, you should avoid deleting those.
    Are you currently receiving any alerts for your websites?

If you don’t want to monitor any ”IIS websites” also ensure that you don’t have any IIS management packs imported.

If websites are discovered automatically and you don’t want them to be monitored, you could create overrides to disable the discoveries of the websites in the first place.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Marked as answer by winstar15 Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:38 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Why do you want to delete these rules.
    please use the SCOM RBAC as best practice.
    Monday, December 16, 2019 8:05 AM
  • Hi Leon,

We currently have some issue with Web APM and IIS service. I will try to disable discovered automatically and Web APM as your advise.

Best Regards and Thanks,

Win

winstar

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:27 AM