Update user picture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a problem changing a user Picture in Skype for Business.

We have a user who has a picture added to the AD account.  The Skype for Business Client shows the Picture, and everyone else  can also see it.

Last week I changed the Picture, but the S4B Client won't update the Picture. It still shows the old Picture.
    In Outlook 2010 (and 2013) the Picture has been updated, and when I extract the Picture from AD it shows the New Picture.

I have deleted the S4B profile, but that did not help. The New Picture is less than 10 kb and 96*96 pixels.

Does anyone have any idea how to get the S4B Clients to use the New Picture?

Marius

Monday, April 25, 2016 7:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Marius, 

You can try the steps in below article, the process should remain the same in s4b also, if UCS is not enabled. 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2010/11/19/microsoft-lync-2010-photo-experience/ 

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

Monday, April 25, 2016 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Marius, 

You can try the steps in below article, the process should remain the same in s4b also, if UCS is not enabled. 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2010/11/19/microsoft-lync-2010-photo-experience/ 

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

Monday, April 25, 2016 10:15 AM
  • Thanx, just what I was looking for.

We ended up having to delete the photo file from the Webservices S4B shared folder. After running update-csaddressbook and deleting the users S4B profile it worked :-)

Marius

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Great, :) Thanks for the update. 

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:11 AM