FYI: App-V 4.5 Management server installation error 25109 RRS feed

• General discussion

• For those who, due to some reason, wants to install the obsolete App-V 4.5 Management Server (with MS SQL Server 2012 R2, if it matters). The error is well known but I didn't find this particular solution on the Internet, so I just post it here.

During the installation of the App-V 4.5 Management Server I got the error 25109 (The installation program could not create the configuration data store). in spite of this, the database was successfully created and mounted. I discovered that the SQL Server logs contained the following events:

Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.
    Login failed for user 'TEST\Administrator'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'APPVIRT'.
    Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.
    Login failed for user 'TEST\Administrator'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'APPVIRT'

Starting up database 'APPVIRT'.

Seems that the installer commanded the SQL Server to create the database and then tried to access it BEFORE the server had time to actually finish the process and mount the database. It this is the case in your scenario, just restart the installation process and select the previously created database when asked.

Evgeniy Lotosh // MCSE: Server infrastructure, MCSE: Messaging

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:32 AM